… Family Alleges South-East Govs Failed To Share Demands With FG
The family of the Nnamdi Kanu, the leader of the proscribed Indigenous Peoples of Biafra, has accused South-East governors of failing to present the eight-point demands of their son from their 2017 meeting to the Federal Government.
Spokesman for the family, Prince Emmanuel Kanu, made this claim in Umuahia on Wednesday.
He went on to reveal the demands which were made when Kanu met with South-East Governors and Ohanaeze Ndigbo leaders in Enugu shortly before the September 2017 military raid on his Umuahia family home, reports Vanguard.
The demands include:
1. Making Enugu International airport a grade one airport so that passengers can fly in without stopovers in Lagos or Abuja.
2. Dredging of River Niger.
3. Upgrading Owerri airport to a functional cargo airport.
4. Operating Port Harcourt, and Calabar seaports at full capacity.
5. Revival of moribund industries in the South East and South-South to provide job opportunities.
6. Functional rail lines in South-East and South-South regions.
7. Provision of good primary health care system.
8. Provision of Steady electricity supply.
Source: Punch Newspaper
Share, follow and like our page at www.facebook.com/UmunnaTV or visit www.umunna.tv.