The Lekki Concession Company (LCC) has announced the postponement of toll collection at the Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge.
In a statement on Friday by Yomi Omomuwasan, managing director of LCC, the company said a new date would be announced soon.
The company had suspended operations at the tollgate after the shooting incident during the #EndSARS protest in October 2020.
Toll collection was due to resume on April 17, following the reopening of the toll plaza on April 1 — despite controversy over the resumption of tolling operations.
However, LCC said the decision to suspend tolling was taken to give residents more time to register for electronic toll devices.
“As a responsible organisation, we must take full cognizance of everyone within the axis. Therefore, we want to continue with the ongoing engagements with our stakeholders,” the LCC MD said.
“The preparatory operations to resume tolling on the Bridge have been smooth so far, and we are grateful to all the key stakeholders for their cooperation.
Source: The Cable
Share, follow and like our page at www.facebook.com/UmunnaTV or visit www.umunna.tv.