Consequent upon the fact finding visit of the Security conscious and caring Governor of Abia State to the scenes of incessant Kidnappings and killings in Umunneochi LGA of Abia State, and arising from the extensive interactive sessions which His Excellency Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu has been having with Umunneochi Leaders, Stakeholders and Security Agencies ,
His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Abia State, Dr Okezie Victor Ikpeazu hereby directs as follows:
- That the Commissioner of Police Abia State alongside with Umunneochi Youths provide immediate Security along the Ihube to Isuochi Road stretching from Ngodo through Lomara Junction all the Way to Ihube.
- Upon the implementation of the above directive The Governor directs the Chairmen of Umunneochi LGA, Chief Ifeanyi Madu to open the Road leading from Ihube through Lomara Junction to Ngodo Isuochi immediately.
- The Commissioner of Police, Abia State has been mandated to draw up logistic requirements for mounting six additional check points at strategic locations across Umunneochi LGA.
- Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu hereby directs that all settlers , herders and individuals residing inside the forests around Umunneochi LGA to vacate such locations with immediate effect.
Government can no longer guarantee the safety of any person or group found to be residing in the forests around Umunneochi LGA.
- All Cows and herders around Umunneochi LGA are hereby restricted strictly to the Cattle Market located at Umuchieze until a final decision is reached concerning the menace in the Cattle Market.
- The Leadership of the Youths of Umunneochi LGA Vigilante Groups, Hunters and the Hausa Community will continue to meet with the Governor until an amicable solution is found to the incessant cases of Insecurity in the Area.
- His Excellency, Governor Okezie Victor Ikpeazu urges all parties to show restraint and circumspection in their utterances and actions in order to maintain the peace and promote peaceful coexistence of all law abiding citizens.
Barr. Eze Chikamnayo
Honourable Commissioner for Information and Strategy ,
Share, follow and like our page at www.facebook.com/UmunnaTV or visit www.umunna.tv. #umunnatv