- The suspects were arrested on 23/12/2022 by the vigilante operatives Awka and were handed over to Police at State CID, annex, Awkuzu for further investigation.
- It is a case of armed robbery and not a case of two fighting as alleged.
- The complaint positively identified the three suspects.
- There were marks of violence and serious wound on the body of the complaint as a result of the attack by the suspects.
- The suspect’s statements were taken and they all confessed to the crime.
- They were detained with others suspects in the cell.
- The other suspects while in custody revealed that as they were sleeping late Uchenna started acting abnormally. He screamed and hit his head on the wall before he slumped.
- The victim was taken to the hospital and he was confirmed dead by the doctor.
- No money was demanded or collected by the IPO or any Policeman as attested by the deceased father.
- Unfortunately, the Twitter handler’s mendacious publication is aimed at inciting the public against the police, therefore the command wishes to invite the Twitter handler @ada_mummyya to Anambra State Police Command by 11 am on Wednesday 11/1/2023 to come with evidence and witnesses of persons when the IPO demanded the sum one hundred and fifty thousand for bail. This will enable us to come out with facts about what transpired.
NEXT STEP TO BE TAKEN
As we wait for the tiwtterhandler to come, We shall do an autopsy to find out the cause of his death. Meanwhile, the case is still under investigation and more findings shall be made public soon.
DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, PPRO Anambra State Police Command.