By Cornel Osigwe
The world of work has rapidly changed. It is so unfortunate that our universities haven’t quite reformed their curricula courses to reflect current realities. Some of the courses people are still studying today in higher institutions are outdated and of no effect on the workplace.
Fresh graduates and those still looking for work should understand these realities and quickly seek ways to upgrade themselves by acquiring some skills that will make them employable in the workplace.
Today, the digital economy is rapidly growing, and employees need to keep up with the advancements in technology to succeed.
Therefore to be able to get jobs in this digital economy, you need to acquire some digital skills.
Below are some digital skills necessary to succeed in the digital economy include:
- Digital literacy: The ability to use and understand digital technology, including software, hardware, and online platforms.
- Coding and programming: The ability to write, read, and understand computer programming languages.
- Data analysis: The skill to examine and interpret data, including data sets, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Cybersecurity: The knowledge of protecting computer systems and networks from data breaches and theft.
- Digital marketing: The ability to use online platforms to promote products and services.
- Project management: The skill to manage digital projects, keeping track of timelines, milestones, and goals.
- Social media management: The knowledge of managing social media profiles and engaging with customers on platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- User experience design: The skill to create user-friendly digital products, including websites, mobile apps, and software.
- Cloud computing: The understanding of cloud-based computing, including software as a service (SaaS) and infrastructure as a service (IaaS).
- Artificial intelligence: The knowledge of how to use and develop artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning and natural language processing.
Remember there is no mountain anywhere, that mountain is your ignorance. It is time to change your perspective.
Follow me on this space everyday as I share more detailed information that will lead your transformation.